Wednesday 4 April 2012

April Showers

Spring seems to have returned to its more usual temperament this week, with rain, wind and chills. Today's dog walk was conducted with waterproofs and wellies (just for me, Monty and Ted would look silly in wellies!). The top temp was 4 degrees celcius. Much more appropriate for the season although I must say, as I pulled my jacket together and battled the wind to get the zip done up, a few extra degrees would have been lovely. On our walk, I spotted some more spring signs - cowslips on the lane and hedgerows covered in blossom, a few bluebells scattered about.


One thing I do not like about Spring is that it heralds the time of year when I can look forward to a tax return form dropping through the letterbox. I always promise to be more organised next year with my banking and paperwork all filed and orderly so all I need to do is flick open a drawer and its all at my fingertips. Well, once again, April is here and my well filed paperwork is nowhere to be seen. Not because I have lost it....just because I never filed it away in the first place. I am once again doomed to searching through piles of papers for the magic figures that will complete whichever lucky form I am wrestling with. Even the fact that I have been on maternity leave for the last nine months has not made it any simpler.  Maybe next year I will manage a hassle free financial year end...


In the meantime, the bears and I are looking forward to an action packed Easter weekend. His parents are coming to stay which is always good fun (I really do mean that!). A Mexican inspired extravaganza is planned for Saturday night, so I will hopefully report back. That is, if we survive the marinade which requires approximately 30 chillies! The rest of the weekend its all hands on at the allotment. He and I spent 4 hours at the plot last weekend but imagine how much more we can get done with two extra labourers! If they work hard, we might let them watch a DVD with a glass of something nice in the evenings....


No comments:

Post a Comment