Wednesday 28 March 2012

Mad Dogs and...Me!

I have just returned from a quick tour of the local green and pleasant areas with the canines. The car on the way home told me it was 21 degrees! The heavy panting in the boot told me the dogs were hot and bothered but happy. As I write, they are reposing in the cooler parts of the house - the bliss of bare floors for a hot dog cannot be underestimated! Wednesday is the day that He 'works' from home so I get to take a break in the middle of the day and head out to the fields without the small person. Sometimes I even take the dogs! Anyway, when the small person is feeling accommodating, she naps while Daddy works which is what happened today so everyone was happy.

Other exciting developments this week included the arrival of my first birthday present! Very early since my birthday isn't for a couple of weeks but since I was in charge of ordering said present I didn't feel the need to wait and surprise myself! What delightful trinket have I received, you ask? Well...what girl doesn't want a wheel barrow for her birthday? Not just any wheel barrow - a beautiful folding one in rather fetching yellow and green livery. Lovely. I really am pleased since it will come in very handy for moving mountains of chicken manure, and much more, at the allotment and will not take up too much house room in the shed. In fact, on Saturday I tidied the shed, including evicting a bunch of rather menacing and totally huge spiders, just to make sure that the barrow would feel at home.


The wonderful weather really has meant that things have been happening...I have made trips to the allotment, as I said, the seeds I planted are showing signs of development into actual plants and bears have started wearing hats, which is definitely very cute!
                                                           


One other thing we discovered...Ted is a great help when attempting a small woodwork project. He acts as a kind of sawdust catcher thus making clearing up that little bit easier!


No comments:

Post a Comment