Friday 9 March 2012

Man Flu

My name is Mummy Bear and I have been a bad blogger! No posts for over a week...the reason; we have all had man flu. The actual man got it first, undoubtedly one of the less pleasant perks of working in a school is the amount of 'lurg' that manages to make it's way home with you. This time, I thought my flu jab had done the job and fended it off but just as he started to feel better it crept up on me and then the small person too. So not much has really been happening this week.


Today, feeling a bit better but not willing to inflict our germs on Baby Club, the bears and I set out for a walk instead. The sun was out, the temperature was a very tolerable 12 degrees. Arriving at the fields we frequent, I was faced with the challenge of putting on the new baby backpack solo - you really need someone to help stabilise the whole thing while you heft it onto your shoulders so as to avoid an unpleasant baby versus pavement moment. I managed by sitting the little bear in the pack and then resting her in the boot of the car while I squatted down and reversed into the whole thing...practical but not elegant.


Out and about, we explored some new territory as well as our favourite fields. One of the things I enjoy most about walking with the dogs is the opportunity to appreciate the seasons and spring is one of the loveliest to me. The colours are beautiful, the wildlife starts to become more visible again and everything seems to relax from the tense huddle adopted to survive the bite of the winter.


The canines were enthused by the new smells (and, no doubt, the prospect of wildlife). We inspected some interesting tumble down trees, Ted checked out some new holes and Monty ambled around looking for bunnies. The small person appeared to enjoy the whole trip and babbled away whilst trying to undo my hair clip. As I snapped the picture below, she was kicking me and seemed to be wanting to go faster!



So, with the worst of the lurg over, hopefully we can get back out there and get some stuff done. Things to look forward to this weekend include a trip to the household recycling centre and possibly a visit to a local DIY store. Another great thing about spring...it revives flagging enthusiasm for clearouts, cleaning and home and garden maintenance.

1 comment:

  1. Hurrah for spring, hope the lurgy has left you:)

    ReplyDelete